Happy Valentines Day
We held a love note writing competition, and after a month of submissions, we are glad to declare our winners today. We had 36 submissions Winners were determined by how viral their submissions went. Points were calculated by adding up every FB like, tweet, +1, LinkedIn share, Pin, Stumble and comment that they amassed. All these counted for 1 point each. The screenshots you’ll see were taken shortly after the competition closed on 13th February 2015 at 12 noon.
But before we announce the winners, we have a few PSA’s to make.
- In the competition announcement, we promised all the top 10 submitters dinners with their loved ones on Valentines day. Unfortunately, that will not be happening. Our partner for that pulled out towards the close, due to unforeseen circumstances, so we’ve had to look for an alternative reward for the top 10. This will be announced on Monday 16th of February. We still wish you a memorable Valentines day, and since this has been dubbed the month of love, we hope what we decide to give you on Monday will still make the month memorable for you and your loved one.
- The top 3 who have won cash prizes will be given this money by the 28th of February 2014. We hope they are not camera shy because some photographs will be taken for archiving purposes.
- Smart telecom gave us 3 Kyali Smart Phones to also give out as part of this competition. The Kyali phone is Dual-sim phone that comes with UGX 6,500 free airtime monthly for 6 months, Facebook and Whatsapp pre-installed and 7 days of battery life. To win one of these gadgets, all you have to do is share some of your favourite lines from any of the love letters on twitter or Facebook. Add the #SmartValentine hashtag and tag Smart Telecom on either Facebook or Twitter. #SmartValentine is here to show people that with Smart, love is not just for a day, we celebrate love that is why we are making it a season not just one day.
So, without further ado, here are the winners of the MuwadoLoveLetter Valentines Writing Competition….
10. Hanniel Murungi – 109 Points
9. Nandutu Eva – 109 Points
8. Rip Van Winkle – 156 Points
7. Rich Wagaba – 211 Points
6. Wonny Arthur – 233 Points
5. Mychael Howard Ampumuza – 369 Points
4. Roxanna Aliba – 479 Points
3. Kidron KlaFella – 764
2. Carolyne Esctatic – 1385 Points
1. Dennis Asiimwe – 1989 Points
It is interesting to note that Dennis Asiimwe entered the competition with a week to spare. All those views and shares you see were amassed within a week!! Hat off you Deniss, you are, without doubt, the ‘Smoothest Individual of 2015′
To all those that submitted, we cannot thank you enough for being a part of this. Thank you to those that read and shared these love letters, and welcome to all the new members that joined Muwado. We hope you enjoy the time you spend here.
All the winners should send an inbox to us here so we can easily reach them when the various gifts are ready.
Once again, have a memorable Valentines day.