My job as a developer at Tailored Technologies means that I spend alot of time on the internet. Most times I like to think I am very productive but truth be told, I am very easily distracted. Unlike most corporate offices, we do not have all those silly restrictions on what we can or cannot surf so it is up to you to find some form of self discipline if you want to get any work done. On most days, I manage to do my work and control my escapes into the internet rabbit hole by scheduling 30 minute commercial breaks every 3 hours or so. But there are those days when something catches your eye and before you know it, 5 hours have gone by and you have nothing to show for it.
Well, being the sharp individual I am, I decided to make these dark spells of internet indulgence “research” for www.muwado.com. Whatever odd things I find out there, I make a list and eventually I will be posting them here one by one so you can also get sucked into the dark hole of the internets and get fired.
Now that we have established that I am evil and I do not have your best interests at heart, let me introduce you to one of the stranger websites I have discovered during my internets sojourns. It is a website called Bang with Friends.
I would have gone ahead to explaining what happens there but I will just post their instruction manual so you can get a better picture of what goes down on that site.
For those who still don’t gerrit, this is a website that allows you to identify your friends you would like to have a casual relationship with. If they also think you can gerrit, the app notifies the both of you about how you are both pashing on jobo. Whatever you decide to do with this information is up to you. And incase you are wondering, yes, I did register for the app. How could I not. What is the point of getting lost in the internets if you are not going to try out everything.
This website inspired a knock off called Bang with Proffesionals for LinkedIn but the guys at LinkedIn were not impressed and they sent them packing. Now before you go and start clicking on your bangable friends, I suggest you go and read these articles I dutifully gathered for you.
- Terrible App Idea of the Week: ‘Bang With Friends’
- BangWithFriends is tacky, tawdry, and gross … but does it work?
Here are some my notes from this experience:
- I predict several awkward moments in the future. For-example, finding out SisterAmongin from the weekly cell meetings wants to bang you. But then again, the only way you can find this out is if you want to bang her as well. Out with awkward, hello meant-to-happen!
- The guys at BangWithFriends are looking to hire a Growth Hacker and a Community Marketing Intern. So if you have been inspired by this marvelous creation, or maybe you are just tired of being jobless, go ahead and apply. That should make and interesting entry on your CV though.
- How about a poll to see how many people find this genius or just plain stupid