Top Gear Season 19 Episode 6 (Africa Special Part 1)
This video belongs fully to the BBC. It is purely for viewing only.
The Top Gear crew were in East Africa sometime in October last year to film a special episode of the popular show. The clip shows part one of the show and I am personally very happy with how it turned out.
The crew of Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond were their usual funny, don’t-take-this-too-seriously selves and all in all it was a good watch. My highlights from the this episode are:
- Richards decision to go off-road to look for accommodation in Fort Portal. What an idiot! You really have to give it to him when it comes to making bad decisions because they eventually slept in possibly the most pathetic lodging in Uganda. I pity his wife if she allowed him to chose their accommodation on their honeymoon.
- Jeremy’s explorer skills, and the fact that they actually listen to him and act on his flawed logic.
- I like the way they pimped their cars. I am not sure which one I liked most but they were all thoughtful, in their own way.
- Did Jeremy give that woman a 50k note for a basket of banana’s?
- James’ choice of a car. Ok, the car might have been decent but his choice of tires was really off for someone who is going to be driving around Uganda. He is growing old. Or maybe I am being harsh and he just didn’t get the memo.
- Jeremy tasting roast Cassava and asking if it was the leg of a chair.
There was a bit of controversy when Ugandans discovered an article that Jeremy Clarkson wrote way back in 2011 about him and his daughters tour of Uganda. It is a disheartening article to read and suffice to say, I lost a bit of admiration for Jeremy. I have since gotten over myself and accepted that no one is perfect and Uganda does have its dark side. The man might have exaggerated a bit but he still knows how to present a good show. So watch it and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Update: Check out the second part of the series from here
Feel free to share with us what your highlights were in the comment section.
3 CommentsLeave a Reply