Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

Rolex
      Keymaster

Bazanye writes things, films things, records things and shares them in print and on the internets, blessing us with his creativity. Today, we will have kaboozi about the work he is up to and his thoughts on pretty much everything. Use the form at the bottom to join in the KB.

Rolex
      Keymaster

It’s around 3 so I guess we can kick this off. @Baz should be in the building, if he hasn’t been delayed by the rain. Baz, say hello so I know I’m not speaking to myself.

Since this is the first time we are doing this, let me explain how it’ll go. It’s like a tweet chat, but on Muwado and hopefully easier to follow. Anyone can ask a question and Baz will answer. Refresh page to see the latest. When he’s tired, since we didn’t agree on duration, he’ll notify and we all go on to kick off the weekend.

Still lost? Watch and learn. Baz, say something.

Ernest Bazanye
      Participant

Bavubuka, mugyebale. Or as you say these days, Boom. Sckrrrrrapapap. Etc.

Rolex
      Keymaster

Ah. There you are. Now, since you mentioned Sckrrrrrapapap, what do you think of that Fire in the booth jam, and what it means for the future of hip-hop and music in general. Do you thin, whatever that category that falls in, is going to replace mumble rap?

Rolex
      Keymaster

Next one, you have this hilarious comic (is that the right word) you do featuring a dog called Suki that’s savage af. How did that start? Where did you find that doll? What happens when someone steals it (God forbid)?

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

Suki? Suki and I met on Jinja road and we just hit it off. Suki has a massive personality and we have plans, me and the rest of the staff (yes, Suki has staff) to make the Suki brand bigger. Trying to make it even worse, so to speak. I mean, we want this to be Uganda’s number one socialite.

Mbu something happens to the doll? Are you making a threat?

akaroger9
          Participant

Wait, were do I find these suki comics?

Rolex
          Keymaster

Ya, no threats from me. I remember the episode of the dude that kidnapped Suki and things went south. Not about to get into that drama.

How about the other internet personalities you have created. I remember seeing an Anita. Is it just you being goofy and hopefully growing something yuuge in the process, or is there some deep examination of society you are communicating with all these characters?

Ernest Bazanye
      Participant

Hah hah hah! The future of hip hop music? Leave mumble rappers alone. You can’t knock the hustle.

Big up my mans Shaq. Actually me and this young dude had an idea like that a while ago, but the time wasn’t right. We even shot a couple of videos, and I even wrote the song. Maybe we will revisit the project, now that the internet environment is more receptive.

Rolex
        Keymaster

Can’t wait. Is parody music the correct way to refer to it?

Rolex
      Keymaster

I think most people still majorly know you as the guy behind the bad idea column. But as the profile up there suggests, you have ventured into film even. What exciting things are you venturing into in that sector…

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

Yes, I have begun a new career, and have been working with some really good filmographers and actors. I don’t know if you saw Caramel Ninja, which was how the actress Marie Corrazon first introduced me to the world of youtubers. Now I have quite a bit of material in the stable. A bit of just goofing around on facebook vids on my page, so far, but also on the way is a webseries/sitcom, about five vlogs featuring the most exciting Ugandan performers I have had the honour of working with, and in the long term, who knows. A movie?

Rolex
      Keymaster

Bobi Wine for president?

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

Bobi Wine for Opposition. But he went harder at Bebe Cool than he did with that letter to Sevo.

Rolex
          Keymaster

Are you saying there’s a little something lacking in his political persona? Have the years spent being a mubanda ruined him for politics?

Rolex
      Keymaster

Gotta ask this since I’d taken some time without reading books and I’m renewing that passion with vigour. Any 2 or 3 recommendations of books you’ve read recently that I should totally check out?

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

Get a kindle. They are better than books. You can get almost any book out there in a matter of seconds. And cheaper.

If you miss the smell of paper, get an old dictionary and hold it next to your nose as you read.

Rolex
          Keymaster

Ok. Will give it a try. Hope it’s nothing like trying to read off a phone. Naye you didn’t drop any book recommendations

Esther
      Participant

First, lemme see if this works…

Rolex
        Keymaster

Hi Esther. It sure does work. Welcome to the kaboozi

Rolex
      Keymaster

I’m not saying you are old, but you’ve been around for more years than me. Any particular moment(s) in your few years around you can look back at and say that impacted me in life-changing ways.

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

You know the only people who thing being older is a diss? Young people. From this end we are proud of it. We don’t want to be called kids. Your pop culture overfetishised youth. Think of how long a successful life is. A hundred years? Okay. Until you are twenty, that doesn’t count. You are an egg.
        So from 20 to 30 you are young. For the remainder of your life you are old.
        So now ask yourself just how significant youth is in teh scheme of things.

Hell, Beyonce is just getting started, and so am I.

By the way, Bad Idea came out the same month as Beyonce’s first solo album.

Rolex
          Keymaster

Heh. Wisdom received, sir.

The Beyonce of then and the Beyonce of now, which one appeals to you more?

Rolex
      Keymaster

Speaking of Bad Idea, it’s been around for some time now. Has the column changed over the years in your opinion? Has it changed you. Constantly writing bad ideas for several years surely leaves you in a state where you observe the world in a certain way. I ask this because I remember reading from one of the guys that work at Cracked, I think, and he said he now see’s satirical headlines in everything and all conversations now.

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

When it was just Bad Idea, that didn’t change anything. Writers are like that, I find, they look for stories all the time anyway.
        It’s this new project now. I am constantly constantly working. I am perpetually scripting things. I don’t even know how to relax and be a human any more.

Rogers Niwagaba
          Keymaster

How do you switch it off?

Ernest Bazanye
            Participant

I will sleep when I reach the destination. For now I’m on.

Rolex
      Keymaster

With the current PC culture, feminism, MGTOW transness, shaming culture……what do you think gender relations are going to be like in the next five years?

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

The destruction of the patriarchy is inevitable. Because it is becoming more evident, even to sexist males, that social equality is in all our best interests.

I-Am Enygma
      Participant

When you are going to stop playing around and finally enter the hip hop industry?

Ernest Bazanye
      Participant

I’m professor emeritus of the Old School. I am a hip hop scholar. Not even a student. Just allow.

Rolex
      Keymaster

With the leaps being made in artificial intelligence to replace repetitive labour, do you think ai will enter the creative industry? What alternative ways will humans get for being productive once ai has taken over all our jobos? :/

Rolex
      Keymaster

What is the most interesting thing you have ever found out?

Rogers Niwagaba
      Keymaster

Hi Baz. What is it like being famous? Best parts? Worst parts?

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

Even me who has no game I can now get a girl to talk to me and smile.

akaroger9
      Participant

hi Bazanye. Me as me…I’m curious to know what else you would be doing if you and writing hadn’t found each other?

Ernest Bazanye
        Participant

It’s a neurosis. It’s in you. You can’t not find a part of you, I guess. Like Beyonce.

Jane
      Participant

As an fan girl of yours over the years, nga you haven’t married. Is it me you’ve been waiting for lol. Do you have something against the institution?

Ernest Bazanye
      Participant

Hah hah hah!

I was engaged for a considerable time, though. That didn’t work out, though so now I have something against the institution. I am waiting for a couple more years when I will be officially old enough to be a blesser.

Jane
        Participant

Thats sad. I want to ask why the engagement stopped but oba I feel like it will be kamanyilo. Anyway you can bless me any time funny man hehe

Ernest Bazanye
          Participant

Then let me get my pot belly on… (Wink)

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

[snax_content]